Below is a list of documents that are required when you apply for a mortgage. However, every situation is unique and you may be required to provide additional documentation. So, if you are asked for more information, be cooperative and provide the information requested as soon as possible. It will help speed up the application process.


  • Valid ID (Driver's License, State issued ID or Passport)

Your Property

  • Copy of signed sales contract including all riders
  • Verification of the earnest deposit you placed on the home (processed check or wire receipt)
  • Names, addresses, and telephone numbers of all realtors, builders, insurance agents, and attorneys involved
  • Copy of Listing Sheet and legal description if available (if the property is a condominium please provide condominium declaration, by-laws, and most recent budget)

Your Income

  • Copies of your pay-stubs for the most recent 30-day period and year-to-date
  • Copies of your W-2 forms for the past two years
  • Names and addresses of all employers for the last two years
  • Letter explaining any gaps in employment in the past 2 years
  • If you are not a US Citizen, please provide a Work Visa or Permanent Resident Card (front & back)

If self-employed or receive commission or bonus, interest/dividends, or rental income:

  • Provide full tax returns for the last two years PLUS year-to-date Profit and Loss statement (please provide complete tax return including attached schedules and statements. If you have filed an extension, please supply a copy of the extension.)
  • K-1's for all partnerships and S-Corporations for the last two years (please double-check your return. Most K-1's are not attached to the 1040.)
  • Completed and signed Federal Partnership (1065) and/or Corporate Income Tax Returns (1120) including all schedules, statements and addenda for the last two years. (Required only if your ownership position is 25% or greater.)

If you have been Divorced or receive Alimony or Child Support:

  • Provide divorce decree/court order stating amount, as well as, proof of receipt of funds for last 3 months (Most loan options only require 3 months; however, some loan types require proof of receipt for up to 12 months)

If you receive Social Security income, Disability or VA benefits:

  • Provide award letter from the agency and the most recent 1099 as well as 3 months' proof of receipt.

Source of Funds and Down Payment

  • Sale of your existing home - provide a copy of the signed sales contract on your current residence and statement or listing agreement if unsold (at closing, you must also provide a settlement/Closing Statement)
  • Savings, checking or money market funds - provide copies of bank statements for the last 2 months
  • Stocks and bonds - provide copies of your statement from your broker or copies of certificates
  • Gifts - If part of or all of your cash to close is coming from a gift, we will provide a Gift Letter to be executed by you and the donor.  Then depending on the loan type, we may need to document the source of the gift (bank statement from the donor) and proof of receipt of the gift into your account or a direct wire to the title company.
  • Based on information appearing on your application and/or your credit report, you may be required to submit additional documentation

Debt or Obligations

  • Prepare a list of all names, addresses, account numbers, balances, and monthly payments with copies of the last three monthly statements for any credit liabilities not reporting on your credit report. (Household utility accounts are not required)
  • If you are paying alimony or child support, include marital settlement/court order stating the terms of the obligation.